HOT NEWS - ITEMS NEEDED
MEALS THAT MATTER HERO - KENZIE HINSON
CBS NC NEWS STORY
THANK YOU TYSON FOODS!
We were happy to participate in the 24 hour Food Bank Telethon!
My goal is for the MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOOD PANTRY is to lead and encourage my community to engage in the fight against hunger and end it.
We will do this in our community one family; one meal at a time, while providing nutritious food to those in need with compassion and love.
Supporting Farms providing FRESH PRODUCE
GRANTHAM FARMS, COX FARMS, LEE AND PARKER FARMS
MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOOD PANTRY is a partnering agency with the Central North Carolina Food Bank.
- GOLDSBORO Mayor Chuck Allen declares Sept 26-30 Make A Difference Hunger Awareness Week
- UPWORTHLY FACEBOOK HAS FEATURED KENZIE AND THE TYSON FOODS VIDEO
- Providence Methodist Church Girl Scouts and Tyler Brock, an Ag Student at NCSU help make 600 Sandwiches.
- FOOD LION CORPORATION awards KENZIE with a food pantry makeover in Sept and Food Lion employees and managers from across NC come to make it happen. They put in a commercial walk in cooler; new shelving; a check in station and brought frozen foods as well. What a HUGE SURPRISE FOR MACKENZIE as they worked throughout Mon and Tues of last week and she had no idea they surprised her on Wednesday.
- Kenzie's story appeared in the Oct 10 edition of Woman's World Magazine.
- Emily's Boutique in Goldsboro he'd a Food Drive this past Saturday.
- State Beauty Pageant collect 986 pounds of food Oct 1 for the pantry.
- Odom Farms in Rosewood is holding a food drive and a $1.00 off admission into their corn maze.
SEPTEMBER CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Friday, September 2nd - Senior Mobile Pantry
- Tuesday, September 6th - Sweet Frogs in Goldsboro Fundraiser 5-8pm
- Wednesday, September 7th - Packing Night 5:30pm & Mandatory Volunteer Meeting
- Thursday, September 8th - Distribution Day 5pm - 6:30pm
- Friday, September 9th Senior Mobile Pantry
- Monday, September 12th - Mayor of Mt. Olive has written a proclamation declaring it MAKE A DIFFERENCE HUNGER AWARENESS DAY (wear orange and donate to your local pantry)
- Tuesday, September 13th - Asking everyone to eat on 4.27 which is the average amount per day a person receiving food stamps gets
- Wednesday, September 14 - TEFAP Truck Delivery 11:45am Volunteers Needed
- Wednesday, September 14th 3pm - 6pm | FUNDRAISER @ Dollar General of Grantham - 1 Year Anniversary Celebration - Get a Piece of Pizza, Cupcake & a Drink by donating 2 non perishables in their donation box
- Thursday, September 15 - Distribution Day
- Friday, September 16 - Community Feeds
- Wednesday, September 21st - Packing Night - 5:30pm
- Thursday, September 22nd - Distribution Day
- Friday, September 23rd - Senior Mobile Pantry
- Saturday, September 24th - Distribution Day
- Sunday, September 25th - Fundraiser at Texas Roadhouse 11:30am - 10pm
SEPTEMBER IS NATIONAL HUNGER AWARENESS MONTH
Here is the Challenge
We are trying to collect 5,000 pounds of food and $2500.00 this month as part of National Hunger Awareness Month!
$7 sponsors one Back Pack Buddy Kid for 7 meals and 3 snacks over the weekend
$10 sponsors one senior citizen in our senior mobile pantry for weekend meals
We encourage you to hold a food drive and donate to your local Food Pantry. Please share your pictures on our Facebook Page!
AUGUST AT A GLANCE!
- Tuesday, August 2nd - 5-8pm | FUNDRAISER @ Sweet Frogs of Goldsboro
- Wednesday, August 3rd - 5-10pm | FUNDRAISER @ Texas Roadhouse in Goldsboro (please mention us to your server!)
- Tuesday, August 16th 5-8pm | FUNDRAISER @ Zaxby's in Smithfield
- Wednesday, August 17th | Packing Foods Bags @ 5:30pm
- Thursday, August 18th | DISTRIBUTION 5-6:30pm
- Friday, August 19th | Senior Mobile Pantry @ 8:30am - LAST KENZIE's Kids Cafe Summer Kids Meal
- Saturday, August 20th | Food Drive at DESIRE'S ACADEMY OF DANCE IN PIKEVILLE
- October 1st, 2016 - FOOD LION MAKE A DIFFERENCE COMMUNITY DAY - We need the following Vendors - Car Show Vehicle Owners, Snow Cone or Slushy Vendors, Face Painters Etc.
- Calling All Sponsors - We are printing new T-Shirts! Please contact us if you would like to be a sponsor!
- A LOCAL FARMER HAS DONATED LAND, so we can have a Garden for FRESH PRODUCE! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Distribution & Volunteer Information
2nd, 3rd & 4th Thursday of each month from 5-6:30pm
*Must present Wayne County ID
2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month from 5-6:30pm
*Civic, church and youth clubs as well as individuals welcome to volunteer!
State of NC - Recognition!
WCPS Volunteer of the Year!
Thank you to Harris Teeter for your donation!
We are honored to win the Girls of Merit Award!
Emergency Food Pantry - Brogden Middle School
This is What Your Donation Does
Emergency Food Pantry - Southern Wayne High School
Meeting with New Partner CVS of Goldsboro
Serving our Community
MACKENZIE'S FOOD DRIVE
Harris Teeter Donation - Morrisville & Apex
Southern Wayne High Student Gov. Donation
Southern Wayne High October Donation
Harris Teeter of Apex, Morrisville & Cary Donations
Belk Charity Day
Kiwanis of Goldsboro - Donation
Salvation Army of Goldsboro
Brodgen Elementary & Primary Schools
Harris Teeter of Morrisville
Donation from Food Lion on Ash Street - November 2015
Clearview Riding & Training Center in Kenly Donation
ZAXBY'S in Smithfield - Fundraiser
PERO Family Farms in Florida Donation
Pointe Dance Studio - 104 Bag Donation!
Brushes of Hope Fundraiser at Hodges Chapel
Working Stock at the Food Pantry!
Wayne Uplift Domestic Violence Shelter
1st ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT
TYSON FOODS & VOLUNTEERS
Friday Mobile Senior Citizens Party
Working Together & Mobile Pantry
Belk Non-Profit Day
TULL Farms - Sweet Potatoes Donation
Mobile Pantry for Seniors on Fridays!
Texas Roadhouse Fundraiser
PT Grill Fundraiser
Sweet Frogs Fundraiser
Making Sandwiches for the Goldsboro Soup Kitchen
Donation from Smith's Chapel Church
Curtis Media Radio Interviews
Meals That Matter Hero Presentation
Picture with Nate from CBS NC
1000 Meal Donation by FOOD LION
Interview with PBS
1000 Pound Fresh Corn Donation from St. Andrews Society!
KENZIE'S CAFE SUMMER FEEDS PROGRAM
Salvation Army Food Pantry - Helping Sock
176 CHILDREN SERVED!!!
Cottle Farms Donation
Floats & Grocery Carts doanted by FOOD LION
St. Andrews Society
Mt Olive University Donation
Donation from Emily Odom of Odom Farm
Food shared with the Salvation Army
Kenzie's Kids Cafe Summer Feed Program
Dollar General Make A Difference Community Day
Cottle Farms Donation
Busy Food Bank Day!
Food Drive hosted by Womack
Sept Food for the Fork Campaign
Girl Scout Troop from Grantham Volunteering
Your Donations Make a Difference!!!
Community Day - Thank you!
Make a Difference Community Service Award
Food for the Fork Donation
Food drive at Emily's Boutique
Pageant Food Drive - October 1st 2016
Woman's World Magazine Feature!
Food Lion Pantry Makeover
Checkout our photos from the first few days!